Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finally the rain dance....

' Heat wave kills 3 in city' , ' Scorching heat grips city ' , ' Heat wave across Maharashtra, farmers worst struck'.....all this is past news now. Finally, after a long break it rained today...and its still raining as i type this. Just a look outside and you feel as if mother nature just had a bath...everything seems to be so clean, so orderly, so peaceful. All that anger seems to have gone, all that frustration...all those sweaty shirts...all those dusty winds...n finally all that summer heat seems to have gone. The Rains just washed them away.

It's such a great relief to see the clouds cover the entire sky as if its a blanket mom made and someone has poured cold water on it to make it rain. Am all alone at home, resting on my couch, listening to some calm music, and i hear the sound that made me turn my head instantly...through the slightly open door, i saw sparrows...chirping flying dancing in the rain. As i looked further up, i saw a full flock dancing in the rain, flying around so fast...so many...with so much energy. It reminded me of my childhood when we used to play 'out-out'. Indeed the birds were flying around doing just that.

That view was mesmerizing...i kept on gazing at them for long. I don't know if the birds transferred that energy to me, coz then i too wanted to dance...i jumped up, threw away my ipod, and ran out to dance in the rain. I was a child again...dancing jumping in the rain..my hairs wet, my hands wet...n it was then i realized that i was entirely wet in seconds...not coz of heavy rains...my god i wasn't even wearin a full pant...jst a half lil pant!!! But never mind, i still jumped n danced in the rain, forgetting that my neighbours were watching me.! " Jumping in the rain...without clothes..i l tell this to ur mom wen she comes", Thats all i could hear. And moments later those neighbours were along with me....dancing in the rain ( ofcourse with more clothes than me) .
May be that is how all those birds started dancing one after the other...then almost all of them. Whatever that was, the birds had transferred all their energy to me...may be through the tiny drops of rain we all shared. My god the rains are back....n please dont take them back!

1 comments:

Sid said...

nice one bey!...

u cud've gone in full pants though! hee hee....

Post a Comment