Friday, April 4, 2014

Absolutely Untitled..

I need to find time to write, to dance around, to sing loud, to laugh, to enjoy. But what I've realized over time is I need to find time to live. They say that work is what makes a kid a man. I find it difficult to believe that a man is born at the cost of the kid. I enjoy being the kid, for it is the kid in me that keeps me the way I am. It is the kid in me that laughs out loud, sings and dances around, enjoys. In this absolutely untitled world, It is this kid that keeps me alive, for I am that untitled kid.

They all say that you need to do something you've always wanted to, something you enjoy, something you love most, something that you are passionate about. And here I am, the idiot that I am, finding it difficult to understand the difference. All this time I've been on an unknown pursuit of the work that amazes me most, the work that-as they say-I am passionate about. And although I have traveled pretty far, I'm yet to find that one thing for at the end of all tunnels I find myself standing perplexed yet undisturbed. I find my own reflection which eerily stares at my face with peaceful eyes and even without uttering a word it erases all that's written in my mind -word by word.

I have no idea where this journey is taking me, nor do I know in which direction. But it is this very journey that has given me a pearl-like family, gold-like happiness, and diamond-like friends. It is this journey that has made me fall in love with these wild yet cricket crazy streets, with these nagging yet peaceful neighbors, with these crazy yet innocent kids. In this journey I may be alone, but who cares, I live in a world filled with worries, with ego, with jealousy, and with filthy politics. Who'd want partners when you know it is all walking slowly towards doom. Amidst all these worries, it is this journey that has given me my wings. I can fly over all this and still be me. These wings are mine, and this is what powers me through time.

I have grown up now. There's plenty of work. And today as I happened to hold my little kid nephew in my arms I saw what this journey was telling me all the while. In a far mirror was the end of the tunnel, I was an image of chaos while the kid in my arms was looking at my eyes-perplexed yet undisturbed. I was looking at the mirror and it was the kid who was eerily staring at my face with peaceful eyes and without uttering a single word he erased all the chaos that was written in my mind - word by word. And with a smile he'd said it all, that it was the kid in me that I always wanted to be, it was being that kid that I enjoyed most. Amidst all worries, I want to be the kid in me. To hell with the world, to hell with the man that is born at the cost of the kid, I am and will always be a kid inside, to hell with this absolutely untitled world ....for I am that Untitled Kid.

4 comments:

AT said...

nice !!!!

pallavi said...

Simply awesome nd very very true... Great work

pallavi said...

Life s so confusing yet so true, always desiring something out of the blue;
When kids we have an urge to grow up nd work as our elders do
and as elders we wish to take a U turn nd act as kids do...

Ankita B. said...

Visnu, keep writing kid! :) felt so good reading this!

Post a Comment