Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Farther in Law

Dedicated to a father whose daughter I got married to: My feet wobbling, my blood boiling, A part of me was born again, my sweet lil girl, my darling. she'd eyes of her mother, a cheek which was flatter, A part of me was born again for all I know I was her Father she grew up in front of my eyes, not tall at all yet high Fives, today I look beneath myself, for all I know Time just flies. I did not know who I am I hadn't felt it so clear, for all I know within myself, I am her Dad, she's my fear. I wasn't much a talker, wasn't much a hawker, for my love was too deep, God I am her Father. I asked myself If she knows, that my love for her was beyond all woes, I lied to myself, but my eyes couldn't lie, she knows. she walked out in that wedding dress today, as I looked at her all day, tears rolled down on their own for all I know I'd nothing to say. I did not know who I am I hadn't felt it so clear, for all I know within myself, I am her Dad, she's my fear. I fought with her loud and clear, but beneath my cover she was my dear, today as she walked into that stage, I stood there gripping all my fear. In her happiness I had fold myself, In her joy I had forgotten my self, today right here she's going away, and here I am staring at that empty shelf. Today I know who I am I never knew so clear, for all I knew within myself, I am her Dad, to hell with fear.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful :)

Post a Comment