Sunday, March 8, 2015

Beggerly Hills...



I am not Wind,
I am not Fire,
I am that man
no one's desire.

I am not cool,
I am not hot,
I am that guy
seldom your thought.

I am not geek,
i am not tall,
i am that fool
you'd never call.

i am not loud,
i am not glad,
i am that corner,
which is always sad.

I wish no bad,
for i am no fad
and yet when you saw my ugly face
i am that brother you never had.

i will not know,
for my mind is dead,
as long as life i know is there
i have not sweet I'll have no bread


oh God you see
how far i am
from the man you made
not one I am,
and yet i live on your handmade land
I see not you in a single man.

they see me here, they come to me
look at my face all sad no glee
they throw a coin then at my face
oh coin, poor you, you cannot flee.

they're rich they are with cars and bags
in a heap of filth I lie with rags,
and yet sadly they know inside
their blood is red, and so is mine.

with a coin they flip their kindness off
with no remorse they just walk off
as if i care, as if i were
about to ask them to see off.

In peace I die, not fun or fair
like a rich man dead I lay on flare
and yet here you've made that divide
i die all lone, not a tear to spare


Oh God you see i lie here bare
with not one soul who could just care
they say you live in them as well,
and yet how come I am like this
they call me a beggar, their words I wear.
they call me a beggar, their words I wear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment