Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Lost World

3 months back, i was one of the happiest people in the world. I had the feeling that i had worked hard enough for the hardest papers to come. For a long time i had given up much of my sleep, my energy, my mind for what i believed was my war. A war with entrance exams. I was motivated like a soldier ready to go at war against an ever increasing enemy. I felt i was ready.
I have never faced this much change ever in my life in so less time. I was over joyed that some of the papers went the way i wanted them to. I was speaking like a confident orator when i told my dad that i would reject the TCS offer since i would go for my MBA. Few mock-CAT, mock XAT, mock FMS results had lifted me up. I had not realized that it had lifted me up on feathers. I was soon to fall. I just did.
The mock exams' results seem to be a mockery now. I had a 99%ile on many of the mock tests i had taken...The Lost world. The True World had something else to offer.With 2 of the 3 exams' results out, i find myself in a lost world with no walls to look for support. I could only manage a 91 in XAT...and no calls from FMS. I soon realized that i was falling from the skies. The plane i wanted to fly had started to crash...and the only parachute was TCS. I still don't know if i would open that parachute.
There's nothing that i want to do now. Dejected. Rejected. My mind resting on just one thing i had just learned :

Courage need not always be roaring. Sometimes it is the quiet voice within that says, " I will try again tomorrow. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment