Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Collapsed Anxiety...

Yesterday was one of the most intriguing days for me. An absolutely boring day with nothing new to do than just regret for not being able to wake up early, regrettable studies, regrettable actions,etc. But the way it turned around to make it a day worth living again was something i really enjoyed.

I was bored. All day there was nothing to do. College was no different. But when i came home and looked around for something to eat, my phone rang. An unknown number. A growing sense of anxiety began just then, and i picked it up as fast as i could (the fone!). "Hello, I am Prajakta from Infocepts Technologies, Vishnu your interview with Shashank Sir ( The Chairman )is scheduled for tonight 8 pm. Will you be free?" How could i ever say no!! " Yes of course, no problem." I didn't want to kick that chance away just for a stupid class that i might miss. I said yes and got ready. The Chairman!! that very feeling was enough to trigger a volcano of anxiety.

I reached there in a somewhat formal dress, well combed hair,polished shoes....BUT NO PENN.!!! The collapse of the anxiety began just then...when i entered the cabin, it was cold, the air conditioner was facing me. In front of me was the Chairman! And i must tell you, he did look like one.! No smile on his face whatsoever, a super ironed shirt, super combed hair,and with a soft yet hard voice he asked me to be seated and immediately in a minute he gave me a shocker. An analytical problem...it was then i remembered that i had NO PEN! The collapse of anxiety was inevitable now.

What followed was a complete collapse of the eagerness and the vim that was inside me.He was adamant in the way he was questioning, and i scampered for answers. I was feeling the pressure of sitting in front of a Boss, and i had succumbed to it. He never changed one expression throughout the interview, nor did he even pay attention to my explanations. He was a BOSS.!! A Damn Boss!! An American Indian accent just added to that. In no time i was sweating profusely, and i know he had noticed it, for i was sweating in spite of the air conditioner!

The Interview got over in some time, and i was on my way back. After all the drama that was going on inside me in front of that Boss, all had gone. The internal recession seemed to be over. And by the time i reached home,i wanted to get back in there and talk to him again. The Collapsed Anxiety had just begun a resurrection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment